Creating a popup menu for the folder associated with a NautilusWindow

I'm currently trying to implement a location button context menu, as
suggested by [1]. I encountered the following problem, though:
Because the popup menu is fully FMDirectoryView-related, I added the
whole popup creation code to src/file-manager/fm-directory-view.[ch],
exposing only

void fm_directory_view_pop_up_location_context_menu (FMDirectoryView
*view,
                                                     GdkEventButton
*event);

Now, the widgets responsible for the tooltip popup sit in
src/nautilus-(spatial|natigation)-window.c. Those only have access to
NautilusView, though. Now how do I get my FMDirectoryView to display the
context menu? How do NautilusView and FMDirectoryView correlate? None of
them extends the other one, obviously.

Thanks in advance!

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2005-February/msg00031.html