Re: [Patch] Resize icon slider for file properties (try no. 3)

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 00:01 +0200, Raphael Bosshard wrote:
> >> However; this patch has (still) a problem; the view has to refreshed
> >> manualy. I still don't know how to force the fm-icon-container to
> >> reload. Any help from an experienced nautilus hacker on this topic
> >> is appreciated.
> >
> > Right now there really isn't a good way to do this. Partly this is
> > because the stretching and icon size feature is really a special
> > feature of the icon view only, so there is no "global" icon size
> > setting for files.
>
> Argh. I knew it. I should have tried some string fixes first. That would
> have been easier...

I'm sure you learnt a lot more though!

> > Anyway, I'm not sure this feature should take so much space in the UI.
> > I mean, it already has a menu item and we already removed the context
> > menu item in non-desktop folders to unclutter the ui. Wouldn't it be
> > better to make the current stretch work from the keyboard instead. You
> > could just handle arrow key presses when the stretch handles are up to
> > mean "change icon size".
>
> Could removing the "stretch icon" entry from the context also be an
> option. I never understood why resizing the icons should be limited to
> the desktop. Or maybe the UI guys could make a suggestion.

I don't understand. Icon stretching is not limited to the desktop. Its
only in the context menu for the desktop, but its in the normal menu for
normal windows.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scrappy native American librarian on the wrong side of the law. She's a
scantily clad French-Canadian mermaid from Mars. They fight crime!