Bug 306417: "Resuming session spawns spatial nautilus windows regardless of their state"

Hi, I am new to the list and I am try to fix Bug 306417: "Resuming
session spawns spatial nautilus windows regardless of their state". I
know where the problem is, but I not sure how I should fix this.

The problem I having is how the browser mode is checked. In nautilus,
browser mode is a global condition on startup on all urls, and not on
idividual urls. This causes problems in "save-yourself" signal handler
for what mode to open up for all the urls in.

I figure add 2 new commandline switches to open a list of urls in
spatial or browser mode, so to open up urls in both spatial and browser
the command would be nautilus --open-spatial <urls-list> --open-browser
<urls-list>.

In general, it seems like going to browser mode is a hack. Shouldn't the
gconf entry be a default_mode for unspecified urls instead of
always_use_browser for all urls; and have switches to handle opening
urls in a specific way like mention above.

In any case, if you don't like my suggestions, then can anyone give me
some ideas on how to fix this bug in not intrusive way.  I just started
looking at the code yesterday night, so I am still learning how
everyhting works.

Pawel Sliwowski