Re: Bug 306417: "Resuming session spawns spatial nautilus windows regardless of their state"

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 15:34 +0000, Paul Sliwowski wrote:
> Hi, I am new to the list and I am try to fix Bug 306417: "Resuming
> session spawns spatial nautilus windows regardless of their state". I
> know where the problem is, but I not sure how I should fix this.
>
> The problem I having is how the browser mode is checked. In nautilus,
> browser mode is a global condition on startup on all urls, and not on
> idividual urls. This causes problems in "save-yourself" signal handler
> for what mode to open up for all the urls in.
>
> I figure add 2 new commandline switches to open a list of urls in
> spatial or browser mode, so to open up urls in both spatial and browser
> the command would be nautilus --open-spatial <urls-list> --open-browser
> <urls-list>.

there is already a --browser switch. Maybe we can just make it order
dependent. So that "nautilus /dir1 /dir2 --browser /dir3 /dir4" opens
dir 1+2 spatial and dir 3+4 in browser.

> In general, it seems like going to browser mode is a hack. Shouldn't the
> gconf entry be a default_mode for unspecified urls instead of
> always_use_browser for all urls; and have switches to handle opening
> urls in a specific way like mention above.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? People generally use the gconf keys
because they never ever, over my dead body want to see a spatial window.
For people not setting the gconf key we should make it possible to open
both spatial and browser windows as they want.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a gun-slinging gay messiah trapped in a world he never made. She's an
elegant Bolivian single mother who don't take no shit from nobody. They fight
crime!