Re: Nautilus 2.10.1 cant see smb:///

Kjartan Maraas wrote:
ons, 11,.05.2005 kl. 14.38 +0200, skrev Per Ronny Westin:

Hello

i upgraded from Gnome 2.6 to Gnome 2.10 - now i CANT see my samba shares
in Nautilus 2.10.1 ?? I could in 2.6.3 ... whats this .. do this mean
that a higher version number of Gnome nowadays give you a less
functioning piece of software !!

Anyway .. hmm i looked around the net and see that i am not alone on
this issue but i was not able to see any solution to this smb shares
problem .. anyone that have a clue?

Just want to add that I'm seeing this too. I could browse SMB networks
just fine with earlier releases and I can't now. I'm not 100% sure the
blame lies only with gnome-vfs/nautilus since we've upgraded to Windows
2003 in recent times.

Cheers
Kjartan

I also don't see them when I want to browse them starting from the computer location. But as a workaround, if I just enter the location with Ctrl+l. So e.g. smb:///<mynetwork> I can access the smb shares

Jaap