Re: Revamping knob for stretch icons

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:56 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:32 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Hei! we are still using the same knob from Eazel days.
> >
> > Why don't use the attached one? Yeah, it's 10x10 instead 8x8, but
> > 1280x1024 is the usual screen resolution now, I think we can scale it
> > up.
>
> I agree on the icon size. Its sort of hard to hit them on high
> resolution, and the larger size doesn't hurt for smaller resolution.
>
> However, I'm not sure on the color change. Does the green really go well
> with the other colors in use? I'm no graphics artist, but it does seem
> to well, stick out a bit.

Shouldn't we be ditching the pixmap-based handles anyway and draw
something that picks colours from the current theme?  If you're using a
high contrast theme, you don't want to be resizing things with a green
handle.  Likewise, if you're using Large Print, you'll probably want to
see something that's a lot bigger than if you weren't.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group