Re: nautilus actions menu

You can also use python to write plugins.  The problem for all
of this is that you have to restart nautilus for the changes to
take effect.  This is because  you have to install a .server file
which nautilus does not automatically detect.

It's somewhat suboptimal and nobody has come up with a proposal
that addresses this.

As a side comment, you seem to be talking about a functionality
(talking to applications via IPC) is similar to Amiga's AREXX
feature.  If memory serves I think you can do the same thing with
GNOME using the atk toolkit.  It might be possible to integrate using
python to use the atk toolkit to do what you want.  But you will need
to figure out what running apps you want to talk to somehow.

sri