Re: nautilus actions menu

On Sam, 2006-04-08 at 05:57 +0200, Egon Kocjan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if nautilus has something like this:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/servicemenus.html
>
> I would like to integrate my Qt 4 app into nautilus, so custom actions on
> files and directories would be provided in right click menu. These actions
> instruct my already running application to do some tasks, communication is
> done over unix domain sockets - I already have written a simple shell utility
> which does the actual communication over unix d. s.
>
> So far, I have found two possible solutions, but they present some problems...
[...]
> Any suggestions?

Take a look at the Nautilus-actions project[1], that's a nautilus
extension which allows you to configure an action entry graphically and
then export it as a gconf schema file which can be installed together
with your application. The entry only shows up if Nautilus-actions is
installed, though.

HTH,

Jürg

[1] http://www.grumz.net/index.php?q=taxonomy/term/2/9