How to get file parameters for a Nautilus Script while browsing a remote server

I have read in the Gnome Users Guide (http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/latest/gosnautilus-440.html)
that when you are browsing a remote server, such as FTP through Nautilus, Nautilus Scripts are not passed any parameters.

This essentially means many, if not most, scripts will not actually work.

I realize it is probably a security feature, but is there any way to get around this?

In other words can I get file information, especially file name and path passed to my script as a parameter?

Thanks for your help,

Peter Enseleit