Re: How to get file parameters for a Nautilus Script while

Thanks Fred,

I figured out the info I need.

I just had to re-read the information on the web site and try it in a script for myself.

While Nautilus Scripts are not passed any parameters while browsing on a Remote Server, Nautilus still sets environment variables with a list of the selected files in URI format,  (NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_SELECTED_URIS), the current location in URI format , (NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_CURRENT_URI), and the position and size of the current window, (NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_WINDOW_GEOMETRY)..

A fourth environemnt variable is  left empty on non-local operations: NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_SELECTED_FILE_PATHS.

Any Nautilus Script can use these environment variables to do stuff with.

Thanks or your advice, though.

Nautilus-Actions are great!

Peter.