Re: inconsistent drag data: x-nautilus-desktop:, network:, etc

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 20:17 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 25.03.2006, 09:54 -0800 schrieb Jeffrey W. Baker:
> > On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 13:20 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > > I think you could ask the volume monitor for all its volumes and check
> > > for each of them, whether the dropped URI matches.
> >
> > I don't understand.  The dropped URI is not one that Gnome VFS
> > understands, so I can't use it to compare volumes.
>
> Yes, but if we pass the activation URI of the dropped volume to the
> application offering the drop target, it should be able to deal with it.

I agree, this would be the best action.

> > > Just for curiosity: What exactly are you trying to implement
> >
> > A music metadata program.  The user should be allowed to drop a volume
> > off the desktop onto my program.  You might have noticed that this
> > doesn't currently work in Rhythmbox, either.
>
> Are you interested in the volume's properties (i.e. its ID), or are you
> only interested in the volume's activation URI?

Given the activation URI, I should be able to get the other properties
from GnomeVFSVolume.  For network volumes I would need just the URI.
For local volumes I will also want information from HAL.

Regards,
Jeffrey