Re: My Google Summer of Code Application

good to see that... was that acepted?
Actually I had been dreaming to work on SOC, but when i checked it back, I missed the deadline by 3 days, my gosh... now I will have to look for next year...
Anyway, I want to make some beautification in Gnome this year as m task. But no one seems joining me... LOL

On 4/7/07, Steven Brown <steven w j brown gmail com> wrote:
Ravi Kumar wrote:
> On which SOC u r in>?

I applied to GNOME.  My application was called "Intelligent Desktop" and
it would focus on solving the icon-overflow problem and experiment with
offering dynamic views of the desktop and actions to perform on it, such
as "showing all images."  These would be on a desktop-sidebar (I called
it the DAW or Desktop Action Window).  Basically, I want to try and
enhance the usefulness of the desktop and experiment with various UI stuff.

I don't have the actual application any place public, but I was asked
for some mockups and I have those available if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.stevenbrown.ca/soc_sup/index.html

All comments and suggestions welcome... especially on whether this could
be implemented externally to Nautilus.  I would prefer tight integration
w/Nautilus, and I don't want to rewrite everything it already does.  I
looked at the extension API and it looks insufficient.  Any thoughts?

If I get accepted (that would be really cool!) I'll announce plans more
formally.  For now, I'm still finishing up school....  >.<

Steve

--
-=Ravi=-