Re: Global Desktop Items: A proposal

Le mercredi 18 avril 2007 à 02:14 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on enhancing some of the "deployment friendly" stuff in
> GNOME as a part of my Google SoC, and one of the things I am working
> on is support for predefined global items on the desktop. To make my
> current goal clearer, here's a sample use case (stolen shamelessly
> from a doc by my mentor, Federico Mena Quintero).
>

> Comments/suggestions/brickbats would be highly appreciated :)

Well, you could use and/or integrate a patch we have been using in
Mandriva package for nautilus : for a very long time, we have been
putting merging dynamically .desktop from a system wide directory,
mostly for hot pluggable devices, like webcam, to put a launcher for
ekiga (this is an example).

Patch for this is available at
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/nautilus/current/SOURCES/nautilus-2.5.1-dynamic.patch?revision=5839&view=markup

it is using symlink to be able to handle files disappearing when
nautilus is not running but anyway, it could be used as a basis or
anything for your work.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva