Re: Nautilus not able to run as root?

Hi,
Thanks I will keep an eye on this bug entry :)
Regards Michal.

On 4/20/07, Christian Kirbach <christian kirbach googlemail com> wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:46:05 +0200, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:

>> su
>> Enter root password
>> nautilus
>> Nothing happens :( The program just hangs...
>> Please tell me why it is like this?
>
> That's because there is no dbus session daemon for root running. You
> should be able to start nautilus by using dbus-launch; I don't know
> whether that's the recommended solution, though.

for your information: I filed this as bug 390170 in bugzilla

Usually the login scripts take care of setting up a proper dbus session.
I am not sure whether is has any strong impact if nautilus was able to
run without a dbus session hook.

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach nsn com