Re: Nautilus not able to run as root?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:46:05 +0200, J�lleter <j bitron ch> wrote:

su
Enter root password
nautilus
Nothing happens :( The program just hangs...
Please tell me why it is like this?

That's because there is no dbus session daemon for root running. You
should be able to start nautilus by using dbus-launch; I don't know
whether that's the recommended solution, though.

for your information: I filed this as bug 390170 in bugzilla

Usually the login scripts take care of setting up a proper dbus session.
I am not sure whether is has any strong impact if nautilus was able to
run without a dbus session hook.

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach nsn com