Changes to nautilus desktop icon display

Please bear with me here, I'm a simple user of Ubuntu, without a great deal
of knowledge of code. I'm posting because I've come across an issue in the
latest release of Feisty.

I like to display black icon text on my desktop, as opposed to the default
white and have added these few lines to my .gtkrc-2.0 file in my home
directory:

style "desktop-icon"
 {
NautilusIconContainer::frame_text = 1
text[NORMAL] = "#000000"
NautilusIconContainer::normal_alpha = 0
}
class "GtkWidget" style "desktop-icon"

This has worked well for me with Ubuntu Dapper and Edgy, however I have a
problem with Feisty - the text box around the icon is no longer transparent,
it's now white.  I believe the normal alpha "opacity setting" is no longer
working as before.  I've tried "googling" to find a solution and found this
thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/nautilus-list gnome org/msg03167.html

which, I think, describes some changes made to allow themes to control icon
display in Nautilus.  I don't know if this is an unintended side effect of
the changes but I'd love to get my desktop appearance back to where it was.
Could someone please help me?

Many thanks