Re: Changes to nautilus desktop icon display

hi, alanh!

just tested your code with a nautilus 2.14.3 that already contains the
patch you linked to and a some weeks old dev version 2.19.1.
it's working on both versions as it's supposed to be:
to see a fully visible background: set normal_alpha to 255,
to see a fully invisible background: set norml_alpha to 0,
to see a transparent background: set normal_alpha to anything between.
(a good value for testing transparency is e.g. 100)

anyone with your nautilus version or who's more involved into this
project can perhaps be more helpful, but try adjusting that value ;-)

best regards,
JackTheDipper