Re: function in libnautilus-private i'd like public

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 23:16 -0500, Leif Gruenwoldt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First time writing to this mailing list and first time experimenting
> with nautilus devel.
>
> Could nautilus_file be made public? There's some really neat info in there like:
> - nautilus_file_get_metadata
> - nautilus_file_get_custom_icon
>
> I'm writing a gnome application, a media browser, and I'd like to take
> advantage of the fact I can use nautilus to set a custom icon for
> files and folders. For example I would like to use nautilus to set the
> fle icons for movies to the full size dvd cover image. Then in my
> media browser I could query the nautilus file for the custom icon URI
> and then display that in full sized glory.

NautilusFile is just an internal represenation of a file in the nautilus
asynchronous i/o and caching system. There is no way to export these
functions in general, they can only be used inside Nautilus.

There is at the moment no way to set natilus metadata (like a custom
icon) from an external app.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a gun-slinging ninja sorceror who dotes on his loving old ma. She's an
elegant renegade magician's assistant with a knack for trouble. They fight
crime!