Re: [patch] [bug 432510] samba filename encoding on none UTF-8 locales

OK, it may be a better solution however may I ask some questions.

1. Can I access the source codes of gvfs? When do you think the release date?

2. Why do you think different encodings are needed per smb shares?
It seems the complicated usage for me because users hardly know which encoding is used currently. Normally sysadmins try to mount all smb dirs with same iocharset for general users and my understanding is that "mount" needs a privilege, i.e. general users cannot mount/umount smb dirs by themselves without privileges so I cannot imagine the necessity. My guess is that if nautilus could be launched
on different encodings between gnome-panel workspaces, it would be an option?

3. Even though gvfs will have the "mount" knowlege, It seems my patch doesn't conflict with the feature because users just can unset the env. What do you think?

if (is_gvfs) {
  return;
} else if (getenv ("foo")) {
  /* use client encoding */