Re: Nautilus windows not showing up

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:48:06 +0400, Moore, Chris (ESL Roseville) <chris moore hp com> wrote:

I tried just doing a "nautilus" command from the shell. The process starts
and sits there, no windows show up, no error messages are displayed.  I
also tried just doing an "xterm" to make sure my DISPLAY is set correctly, and it is.

what version of Ubuntu is it? does nautilus peg the CPU?
Try creating a new pristine user account. Does it also happen for this
new user?

Please install debug packages, run nautilus in a debugger from the terminal,
suspend the process and report a backtrace.

Regards

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach googlemail com