Re: [rfc][patch] Add optional PackageKit hook to install new applications

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 18:08 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 17:29 +0000, Kenneth MacDonald wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 13:09 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> >
> > > Of course, an admin can switch off this functionality in
> > > gnome-packagekit, or I can even add a nautilus GConf key to not even
> > > show the question if you guys would prefer.
> > >
> > > Comments appreciated.
> >
> > Very cool, but we'd really want to be able to turn it off on e.g. lab
> > machines so a GConf key would be ideal.
>
> Version 3 attached for review.

That's much better, but I don't like the error message.  It would lead
to lots of support calls asking to have "application search" turned back
on.  I think the neutral message that Nautilus currently displays is
sufficient.

In general if a system admin has turned off some feature, the last thing
we want is to have the end users hear all about it. :-)

Cheers,

Kenny.
--
Desktop Services, The University of Edinburgh.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.