Re: Better name for computer:// place?

Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
>Am Freitag, den 08.02.2008, 20:09 +0100 schrieb Ouattara Oumar Aziz
>(alias wattazoum):
>> I can propose "Storage://". This, IMO, is meaningful as, under the
>> actual "computer://" there is just storages (local and remote).
>> Don't you agree ?

> storage is hard to translate to some languages...

Sure, but it may not be really a problem to let each translation team
to choose the best term they can find, since they only need something
meaningful and approximate: since the user can understand what is in
this place, everything is OK.

In French, "Computer" is still translated from the Windows times to
"Poste de travail", which precisely means "Workstation", so you can
see for now translations aren't so good either. This place is
everything but a workstation, and certainly not the place where you
go first when you start working.

So I'd bolster "Storages", but we may have a look at how it can be
translated in several languages before thinking of adopting it.

Any main developer here would say what he thinks ?