RE: Packages

On lun, 2008-02-18 at 13:35 +0100, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> >Please send Debian-specific requests to the BTS (bugs.debian.org).
>
> This can be also be applied to Fedora and other linux distros. What I
> suggest is include a default package installation for all default
> Linux distro.

The correct way to handle this is a correct MIME handler for the MIME
types corresponding to the packages. There is no need for a change in
nautilus for that effect.

> Another problem: I cannot use Debian to send Debian RFP/BTS, because I
> cannot connect now to the Internet (only, at work).

If you can write to this mailing list, you can send a bug to the BTS,
which is email-based.

> Perhaps, we can use PackageIt (http://www.freedesktop.org ). So, using
> the same tool, one can install a package in Debian, Fedora and so on.

I definitely intend to have a closer look at PackageKit. Unfortunately
the APT backend seems far from complete for now.

> I like Synaptic because one can use it in Debian (apt), Fedora
> (rpm)... This is the idea under PackageIt also.
>
> So, one of them could be connected (link) to Nautilus.

Again, patches are welcome to get synaptic to accept .debs passed on the
command line.

--
 .''`.