Re: gio, gvfs and nautilus fixes

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:02 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 22:49 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So here we go again with what I hope is the final patch
>
> I commited all these with some fixes.

Great, thanks.

> For the /media check i didn't change the system_internal thing (as that
> may be useful for someome), instead i handled the /media check in
> g_unix_mount_guess_should_display().

OK, sounds good.

> I cleaned up the completion code a bit to do less magic string uri
> handling and instead use GFile apis.

It's a lot more simple now.. but you broke this important use-case

 $ gvfs-ls <tab>
 file:///            sftp://hook.local/
 $ gvfs-ls s<tab>

and it should complete to sftp://hook.local/

Also, there's no completion on ./ or ~/. Typically ./ is used to
complete on files in $CWD as completion on the empty string will give
you the user visible mounts (which is a design choice). So some of the
magic handling needs to be added back...

> There was an unused "lock" introduced in GDaemonVolumeMonitor.
>
> There was some races possible in the async find-mount code that i fixed.
>
> Also, is there any particular reason the GDaemonVolumeMonitor lock is
> recursive? I don't see why it would have to be?

I guess I was just playing it safe.

     David