Re: automounting / autorunning

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 09:15 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Also, there's a few TODO's left in my (now committed) patches to only to
> > do this local mounts. How do I find out if this is the case?
>
> What do you mean by local? Its a very vague word, which could for
> instance refer to a gphoto:// mount, or it could mean only file: mounts,
> etc.

Yeah, I was being intentionally vague, sorry. What I was hinting at was
that we may need this information from the backend itself. Which would
mean something like

 g_mount_is_local()

where "local" means "attached to the system" or "attached to the
console" (for multi-user systems with thin clients). Or just generally
mean "I/O is supposed to be fast". Or "mount represents a physical
user-attached device" (includes Bluetooth).

This would include local files (such as from harddisks) but also some
networked mounts like Bluetooth (BT is really a network connection) as
well as mounts with user space file system drivers such as cdda:// and
gphoto2://. For the latter, we need to sniff the content to e.g. sniff
the media and detect the DCIM/ directory so we can ask the user if he
wants to start f-spot etc.

Does that make sense? Maybe if we called it

 g_mount_is_fast()

it would better reflect what I'm getting at. However, that name sucks
too. Naming is hard. Film at 11 ;-)

     David