Re: How a plugin may know which version of nautilus is running?

2008/7/17 Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org>:
I have an implementation of a plug-in that uses sub-menus.  Sub-menus is
a feature that was added in 2.16, however it had issues which where
resolved in 2.22.4.

So, I would like to know which version of Nautilus is running in order
to use or not sub-menus.

I do prefer sub-menus, but also I would like to support older versions
where sub-menus doesn't work properly and/or distros that doesn't have
nautilus 2.22.4 yet.

If not, may you suggest a workaround?  It doesn't work if I ask for the
method set_submenu (exists or not), because in some versions exists but
it is buggy.

Nautilus version is normally the same as the gnome version, so you could retrieve the gnome version, see this post[1] for that.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2007-February/msg00001.html

PD: Good luck with your extension!, I'm glad to hear about it in guadec-es