Re: Gloobus, A quicklook for linux

Hi,

I just had a look at both gloobus and quicklook, which I only heard of
briefly before.

I am really amazed, looking at the youtube videos, how well gloobus
seems to work.
Anyway, I guess Christian is right saying that it is very close to what
Apple does and also I am not sure if the UI fits well into nautilus and
the rest of GNOME.

Don't know if there is anything going in that direction already but
wouldn't it be a good solution to improve the capabilities of Nautilus
to preview files in the same sense as it is done now.
For instance audio files start to play if one hover over them (having
the plugin enabled). The same could be done with movies or pictures
could increase in size etc.
And for that probably a lot of gloobus code could be used.

For me that would be much more useful as for instance that coverflow-thing.

Or do we hit patent issues with that again? But I would be surprised as
the audio-preview is shipping right now ...

Best Regards

Clemens