Re: Media Handling Preferences Override

> Can someone point me to where Nautilus stores "media handling" preferences?
> I am hoping to come up with an application that can dynamically block
> Nautilus from auto-mounting CD Audio media. Is there a standardized method
> to accomplish this? My current version is 2.22.3.
>
> It looks like there is a Gconf value
> '/apps/nautilus/preferences/media_autorun_never' but I only want to modify
> the CD Audio auto-mounting.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Set the preference to "Do Nothing" and see how that is reflected in gconf ?

Got it. "Do Nothing" will place 'x-content/audio-cdda' into the 'media_autorun_x_conent_ignore' field.

However, I am still curious as to where the application name is stored. For example I can also choose between 'Rhythmbox' and 'Sound Juicer', yet unable to find a related gconf field.

Also, I noticed a strange bug in the drop-down combo box. After changing back and forth between the selections, eventually every item changes to the Sound Juicer option.