Re: Split sidebar

On 1 Jun 2008, at 19:52, Daren Robbins wrote:

Hello,

I've been working on a split-sidebar change to nautilus (2.22.2 from the ubuntu repos) as a bit of a "get familiar with GNOME/GTK+" project, since I have a windows background. I don't know if anything like this is being worked on or tossed around, but would there be any interest in a patch with this change? I won't be offended either way :-)

Interesting idea, although right now I'd personally like to see us trying to simplify the sidebar rather than making it any more complex :) (Step 0: find out how many of the existing sidebar views people *really* use... figure out if the tree view really still useful since the Mac-style list view was introduced a while ago... etc...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team