Re: Re: Compact view: best way to ellipsize filenames?

El mié, 07-05-2008 a las 21:21 +0200, stephane.demurget escribió:

> Compare the attached screenshot in mode A with the previous in mode B. In fact the problem I describe is in mode A: the column have the
> same size but there is a lot of wasted space. What about providing 120px large columns like in Windows. Maybe we should ask the a11y team
> but I suppose there was a lot of tests on this specific width (I suppose the icon set has the same size, maybe it's not the case): I never saw
> a developer or user in ten years modifying this size. I only discovered last week it could be modified :p
> Note I'm not talking about making that a property but a a hard-coded, sane value. Does that makes sense?

I agree that the default column width needs some tuning.

I changed [1] the text width to 150 pixels width (at 100%). 120 pixels
yielded very short columns for high zoom levels.

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

[1] http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/nautilus?view=revision&revision=14145

--