Re: Re: Compact view: best way to ellipsize filenames?

it could
	[...]

	At the moment, we have two modes:
	A) All columns have the same width, text is ellipsized
	B) Variable column width, text is not ellipsized

In the original implementation I posted on my web blog, lots of people
commented. Some wanted ellipsization (some not), some wanted a variable
column (some not).
hi Christian,
ok, understood, that's exactly what I was expecting looking at it. So it might only be a bug then.
Compare the attached screenshot in mode A with the previous in mode B. In fact the problem I describe is in mode A: the column have the
same size but there is a lot of wasted space. What about providing 120px large columns like in Windows. Maybe we should ask the a11y team
but I suppose there was a lot of tests on this specific width (I suppose the icon set has the same size, maybe it's not the case): I never saw
a developer or user in ten years modifying this size. I only discovered last week it could be modified :p
Note I'm not talking about making that a property but a a hard-coded, sane value. Does that makes sense?
 best regards,
--Stéphane