Re: Possible speed enhancement

Hey Christian,

Good to hear someone had the same idea.
About the amount of work required: I am not very familiar with the
codebase of Nautilus,
but I am somewhat familiar with FileChooser and have a vague idea of
what's needed
in order to accomplish this in FC.

Also in FC it's less intrusive (no re-sorting can happen because
sorting by type is not available, at least
not yet), and more helpful, because really 99% of the time, at least I, use it
to just pick a file by filename, and don't really look at the filetype of it.

Alas this is the wrong list for it. As I've said earlier I will
prepare a mail for gtk-devel, and in fact I'd
like to do it with a patch already available.

Christian are you available on IRC somewhere?

Regards,
Milosz