Re: [Patch] Keyboard accelerators for actions

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 22:24 +0200, Holger Berndt wrote:
> The second patch used a file in the nautilus user directory for
> save/restore of the accelerator map. I have now seen that other Gnome
> programs use files in $HOME/.gnome2/accels/ for that. Attached is a
> revised patch which stores the map into
> "$HOME/.gnome2/accels/nautilus".
>
> The first patch is re-attached unmodified for completeness.

I think there is a general problem with saving the accelerator map only
when exiting. When nautilus runs in the desktop "as usual" it will not
normally exit cleanly, but will instead get sigpipe from X dying and be
killed. So, in very many cases the modified accelerators won't get
saved.

Is there some way we can get told of when the user changes an
accelerator so that we can queue a writeout of the file maybe?

Some other nits:

+       if (home != NULL)
+       {
+               return g_build_filename (home,
+                               ".gnome2",
+                               "accels",
+                               "nautilus",
+                               NULL);
+       }
+

Indentation is not according to standard.
You can use ".gnome2/accels/nautilus" as one argument.

+                       gtk_accel_map_load(accel_map_filename);

Missing space before paranthesis.