Re: trash/delete prompt

> Isn't a general design rule "Never say 'Are you sure?' if you can say
> Undo?" So what about a notification which says something like
>
> "$N Files have been moved to the Trash. Undo?"
>
> I am thinking of a notification bar like the one that comes up if you
> open a photo containing device in nautilus and it suggests to open
> f-spot. Btw that's pretty much how GMail does it and I think it's easy
> for the absolute beginners, and not annoying for the power users.

I'm not sure if that's an actual design rule, but it's not necessarily
a bad one. However, I think the reason it works so well for GMail is
that it uses a very quiet notification.

A notification bubble would be equivalent in this context, but I
believe Ubuntu's new notification system would turn that into an alert
box anyway, defeating the purpose. Of course, it's yet to be seen how
broadly that system will penetrate distributions.

Brian