Re: Removing 'Backgrounds and Emblems'

> From: Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> :
> The trend right now is  towards customised interfaces for particular
> kinds of files. That makes a lot  of sense to me.

I would add that any such interface should be started as a fork of Nautilus.
 Otherwise you always start with a poorer file management set of features, and
the developers basically reinventing the wheel in that regard.  There aren't
many Nautilus features that I wouldn't want to see in a photo manager.  A photo
is still a file and whatever you can do to a file you should be able to do to a
photo.  Another thing to appreciate is the particular strenghts of Linux.  This
is the one platform where the command line interface is put to a lot of use,
which ultimately translates into bash scripts.  Launching them on photos with
Nautilus Actions is now a feature I couldn't do without.  So a dedicated
interface needs to take this into account, instead of merely following the
paradigm set by other platforms.

This is a bit off topic, but since you're involved in user interfaces for photo
tools, I thought it was worth stating. :-)

Charlie