Re: Simplified Nautilus (with less chrome)

On Do, 21.01.2010 10:43, Alexander Larsson wrote:

>However, as i mention in the thread, the risk is that the split view
>mode gains "too much" features and turns the whole application into a
>norton commander style dual pane file manager. We need to fight such
>requests and try to keep the feature as lightweight as possible by
>default. I do think we've done OK with this though, so far.

I think so, too. Also, I like it the way it's done with Nautilus
Scripts. That is clearly an advanced feature, that manages to stay out
of the way of inexperienced users and is still easy enough to reach for
advanced users. And with the split-view integration into the Nautilus
Scripts interface, that is in my oppinion already a good answer to
anybody requesting dual-pane-motivated feature bloat: "You want file or
directory diff's accross panes? That's a two-liner Nautilus Script. Do
it for yourself, and stay out of the way of standard Nautilus."

Holger