Re: Removing 'Backgrounds and Emblems'

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 21:24 +0200, Holger Berndt wrote:
> On Mo, 26.07.2010 18:14, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
>
> I fully agree for the custom backgrounds, but for emblems, I fear that
> this might cause problems:
>
> >Note that this does not completely remove the ability for extensions
> >(e.g. Dropbox) to add emblems programmatically by using the
> >libnautilus-extension library, just the user-added emblems from the
> >properties dialog/emblems sidebar.
>
> So basically, when an extension goes wild (or one doesn't want to use
> it any longer), there's no way anymore to modify / get rid of those
> emblems anymore, or is there?

No, you might have misunderstood my sentence above; extension emblems
are not stored in the metadata, but added programmatically from the
module by calls to the NautilusFileInfo interface, which hasn't changed.
So extensions will keep working exactly as they do now without requiring
any change.

Cheers,

Cosimo