Re: Enhancements to Nautilus to support tagged file system

Dear all,

      In continuation with our previous mail, we are now making  the nautilus
source code along with external tag application which supports tagged file
system available to all. We realise that such a system will be useful for
any kind of users, hence this email. If anyone wants to use this system,
the enhanced nautilus is available for download from the following link :

http://202.141.152.14/~access/

       The enclosed Instruction file (Instruction
_to_install_tag_application.pdf) gives the instructions and requirements
to install and run the  application - currently it runs on Ubuntu 8.04.
In Ubuntu 9.10 there are some issues and we are working on it and will
make it available soon.

Quick Feature list

    * Tag creation - graphical tag or textual tag, when a new file is created
    * Searching on tags - just click on a tag/emblem on emblem sidepane in the
nautilus file browser window
      and get the  files tagged   by the corresponding tag/emblem.
    * Set/Modify tags of existing files - right click on the file and choose the
set tag option to do this.

The enclosed screen shots may give you a better feel of the system.

If you have any query, please let us know. We are eagerly waiting for your
feedback.

Note : If your system contains large number of files the external tag file
application will take some time to start
       after your system starts.

With warm regards,
Aparna Ramamurthy, Kamini Kashyap, Arun Magar, Shiv Nath Kumar, Meena Pokhriyal
(for CDAC Mumbai team)