How to preview video files in nautilus just like audio files ?

Nautilus is a very good File browser. It has a very good functionality of previewing audio files. I want to extend it's previewing capacity to video files.Please can anyone tell me how can I make these changes. By changing the source code or by using extensions?Please tell me more information about how to modify the source code to make these changes and and then how to replace my existing nautilus with the new functionality.