Changing the search bar facility for nautilus

I have got tired of pressing enter everytime to search files in nautilus.I want to change the search bar functionality of nautilus.I want to implement it as follows:The user should get quick results as he or she types the filename in it without pressing enter enter everytime.Please tell me how shall I get it implemented.By changing the source code or by adding extensions?if by source code then tell me how to modify it or if by extensions then how?It would also be helpful to me if I get reference for changing the source code as it will be of great help in the future.