Re: Dealing with the trash

> >The interface in your screenshot could be simplified, however. Why not
> >simply replace the Date Modified column with a Date Deleted column?
>
> The trash journal view is about filtering the list view, not about
> modifying the list view itself. What you propose makes a lot of sense
> independant of the journal view, even in plain list view, and there's
> already a bug on it [1]. I am in fact eagerly waiting for that, too.

We really need to talk about use cases here. There are two kinds that I
can think of off the top of my head:

 * Someone wants to restore something that they just deleted.
 * Someone wants to restore something that they deleted a while ago.

In the first case, a Date Deleted column is entirely sufficient. In the
second, Nautilus's existing search/filter functionality should do the
job. I don't see the need for the journal view, as you call it.

Am I missing something here?

The interface you've suggested [1] adds a lot of complexity. We should
try and use the parts of the interface that are already there, rather
than piling on new stuff.

Allan

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2609636/nautilus_trash_journal.jpeg
--