Re: Nautilus Up-a-Level button

On 11/15/2011 11:50 PM, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
Hi Gabriel,

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 01:02 +0100, Gabriel wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to re-enable the "up a level" button on Nautilus.
It has been removed from Nautilus; right now there's no documented or
undocumented way to have it back.

Before you all tell me to use breadcrumbs, I would like to say that I
don't like it and prefer using the "always-use-location-entry" option
instead.
[cut]

As you correctly guessed, the Up button was removed in favor of the
breadcrumb.
I agree with your rationale of why this is not really comfortable when
the "always-use-location-entry" option is active, and I will take
patches that make it visible again when such an option is enabled.

Thanks,
Cosimo

Hi Cosimo,

thank you for taking the time to read my msg and take my use-case seriously, it is nice to see that Gnome has not turned into Canonical and still listen to your users...

Also thank you for looking into this when such an option is available, I really appreciate it.

Gabriel