Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

Hi Jan:

    WW> In any case, I think I need clarification on what Brailcom is
    WW> proposing. From the Orca perspective, which API of what
    WW> implementation of what thing are you proposing Orca uses and
    WW> what state of completeness is it in (and please provide a
    WW> pointer to the API)?

SSIP (http://www.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd/ssip.html), more precisely,
one of its wrappers
(http://www.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd/speech-dispatcher_13.html#SEC40),
as a high-level speech API.

Currently, this is implemented in the current version of Speech Dispatcher
and in the future, we plan to support an extended version of it in the
new python implementation of Dispatcher which will be based on TTS API
Provider.

Thank you.  I will take a look at the Python bindings.

Will