Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Default button of Orca]

Yes thanks, Atilla, I forgot about the config dialog coming up when
Orca is started for the first time without any pre-existing
configuration present.  This is what new users to Orca are most likely
to encounter.  Now once an Orca configuration is built, later arrivals
to the Orca main screen will then encounter what you are discussing.
At that point, I would think a brief read-only text box would be a
good idea and have it be the default tabstop for the dialog.  In fact,
several applications havwe "revolving tips which could be eventually
incorperated into Orca where each entry to the application could bring
up the next tip and so on.  You could also jump back and forth through
these tips with prev and next buttons.  But this is a long shot from
what you were originally suggesting.  But these tips or the single
text box (for now) could be a good start.

But once someone has been through the original setup, they may soon
learn that you could have the Orca window hidden at future startups
and then there would be no bother.  If/when Orca is brought up
intentionally, I think the default button should remain "Preferences"
since that is probably where you want to go in the first place.
Though you can also get there by pressing Orca+Space to go directly to
Preferences.

Sorry for the rambling here.