Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] development on 0.7, plans for a 0.6 release

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 08:41, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> Yeah. Could you (and people are writing rb code) write a more detailed
> (long term) schedule? With feature, UI and string freeze just like in
> GNOME Desktop?

The plan is basically to hack as much as possible before Jan 12th, which
is the UI and feature freeze.  I'd really like to get GStreamer-based
metadata solid before then.  Tag writing too.  What I plan to do is go
with the Linux-style versioning, with even being stable and odd being
development.  So 0.7.x will be development releases.

At the same time, we'll do 0.6.x releases.  At least 0.6.2, maybe 0.6.3
and 0.6.4 depending on how things go on the 0.7.x branch.

Then 0.7.x will turn into 0.8.  That will likely be the same time as the
GNOME 2.6 release.

So basically 0.7.x is going to follow the GNOME schedule.  0.6.x will do
its own thing.

Make sense?

This is a digitally signed message part