Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] New mockup, new thread

Two things (forgive me for not weighing in previously, I'm still
getting up to speed on this project):

  1. In the absence of actual user testing, we're all just trading our
     opinions on what's Gnome-like or what's more usable, and the
     tendency is to go around in circles. Do any of us have access to
     some folks who are willing to act as test subjects, even on an
     informal basis. My experience is that it only takes about 15
     minutes per person (espcially if all you want is to see how
     usable one piece of the UI is).

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 12:11:26PM +0200, Daniel Borgmann wrote:
> The last hours I tried to get a bit used to Glade and I think I
> rather got the hang of it now. :) This is my current favorite:
> http://server204.serverflex.de/Screenshots/rhythmbox2.png Can it be
> any simpler, does it have to be more complicated?

  2. I like this design best of all the ones I've seen so far. My only
     question is, if you're interested in simplicity, do we really
     need the burning button right there on the panel? Apple included
     it in iTunes because it's part of their "Rip. Mix. Burn."
     marketing and branding, in which we are presumably not
     participating.

yours,
Forrest

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless