Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] new mockup

sön 2003-05-11 klockan 00.14 skrev MArk Finlay:
> On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 19:18, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > http://nl.linux.org/~jorn/b.png
> >
> > tried to solve some of the problems..
>
> Still has search in the source area and status at the top :(

Search should be in the source area I think, it's a source specific
action. Even if it applies to all sources, it still has effect on the
sourec only, and thus should be in that area.

The thing there is not status, it's rather information about the
currently shown contents. Just like in evolution.. so I don't think its
position matters all that much. It might even be better this way,
clearly integrated into the source area - rather than the global area at
the bottom.
About the format of that thing, I think the number of songs and total
playing time in details is not at all important. Rather, if I see a
playlist or album I want to know how long it takes.. and how long the
current playlist will keep playing (will I need to append another album
to this playlist or will I be asleep already when it ends)

About loading feedback.. a busy cursor is very clear already imho.. and
I think it's a Good Thing to follow the HIG there.. + it saves clutter,
yet another widget we don't need.