Re: Fwd: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another new mockup (meta)

tis 2003-05-13 klockan 02.13 skrev James Kahn:
> Whoops, forgot to send it to the list as well.
>
> Quoting Jorn Baayen <jorn@nl.linux.org>:
> > sön 2003-05-11 klockan 22.53 skrev James Kahn:
> > > I think Jorn's have been iteratively the best so far.  If you take the
> > > UI at http://people.nl.linux.org/~jorn/d.png:
> > > - replace the shuffle button with a square action button (no text, the
> > > image would suffice I think).
> >
> > Just a CD? hmm.. not clear IMHO..
>
> An image of a CD with fire coming off it, or something like that.  Even my
> mother who's whole experience with computers has been Yahoo! Mail knows what
> burning a CD is.

For CD burning it's probably qutie clear, but for more obscure meta
buttons.. hm.

> > > - Remove the show browser check box
> >
> > Maybe expander arrow?
>
> I'll see if I can incorporate it.  The thing about this is that it *only* makes
> sense in the library view, not any of the other sources.

Well, the expander + search entry bar is there only in the library view
anyway. (If we inlcude a search entry for a group/whatever view, we
should include the browser too)

> > > - Put the toggle buttons "Shuffle" and "Repeat" in the same spot that
> > > the show browser check box is, with text, but with smaller images so
> > > they fit nicely in that area
> > > - Repeat shoudl probably toggle between "Repeat None", "Repeat Track"
> > > and "Repeat List".
> >
> > Yea, but then we cant use a check or a togglebutton...
>
> Hmm, true.  Is there anything wrong with a button (not togglebutton) that will
> change it's text every time it's clicked?  What it is currently displaying
> would be the "current state".  Other than that I think a togglebutton is the
> way to go, and maybe have a pref that says if repeat means repeat track or
> repeat list?

I think that would be pretty bad, button *click* it's changed, *click*
again, and not in the standard way.. hmm.. i wonder does anyone use
repeat current song at all?