Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] YAUP

tis 2003-05-13 klockan 10.29 skrev James Kahn:
> I just tried to send this with the files as attachments, but was told that was naughty - sorry.
>
> Check http://liet.net/images/rb/ for the files.  It's on a 128K link in New Zealand so it won't be the fastest.
>
> (Yet Another UI Proposal).  Of course, it's my favourite so far - hey, I
> made it.
>
> - Shots have both text and no text for meta-button

With text is not going to work :/ But.. well.. like I said before I
think it's a) a confusing place for a burn button (what does it burn..)
b) not so commonly used that we need it in the main ui.

> - No show browser toggle.  This should be in a menu as it only makes
> sense in the library view.  IMHO UI consistency is important.

I think being able to access very commonly used things easily is much
more important than consistency.. plus, an expander arrow makes a whole
lot of sense since you're really expanding things

> - Shuffle and Repeat are both toggle buttons.  The ability for repeat to
> affect one/all should be a pref.

pref for that.. that's gonna be confusing and bad.

> - Meta-button should be present in all views, IMHO.  Of course it's
> functionality and Icon/text will change to Rip, Burn, Capture Stream,
> etc.

apart from 'rip' (but we can easily put that button where we normally
have the search entry in the cd view) i dont think these are very
commonly used.. so.. see above..

Apart from that.. it looks really cool I have to say ;) What theme is
that btw?

Cheers,
Jorn