[Rhythmbox-devel] Mp3 files frequency getting distorted

Hello,
  I was trying out rhythmbox (version 0.5.4) from
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler apt repository. All the mp3
files seem to be playing at a higher frequency. I can see messages at
the terminal "** (rhythmbox:11548): WARNING **: couldn't set requested
OSS parameters, enjoy the noise :)".
  I suspect this is because gstreamer does not support my sound card
Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 . However XMMS plays these files
perfectly. Is there anyway I can get around this.

Gokul
http://pod.homelinux.net

P.S. Please cc me the replies. I am suscribed to the list.

Gokul